Friday, October 22, 2010

Why lolita, honey-chan?

A lot of people ask me, "Why lolita? Why not something else?" Well, Im a princess type of girl. I enjoy cute, and pastel colors. I love when little girls look at me, and think im a fairy. I like when people are sincerely interested in my sub-culture. I love the getting ready process, and the fact that wigs and fake eyelashes are "accesorys". But those are all physical things, my passion for lolita goes deep. I heard someone once say, "When I wear lolita, I feel like Im channeling all the beauty in the universe." This is exactly how I feel. Lolita makes me feel sincerely beautiful, and it makes me happy. I love the fact that I dont have to be boring. Lolita makes me confident, its almost like when I wear lolita Im a superhero. Lolita lets me be a little girl, and Im pretty sure its keeping me young and wholesome. These are just some of my reasons for adoring lolita. The real question here is, why do you?

4 comments:

  1. During the working week, what I wear is a bit bland and more or less for the comfort of sitting at a desk for a good 7-8 hours of my day. I also don't feel the need to express myself through fashion on these days.

    The weekend is a perfect excuse for me to let loose, so why not kick it up a a notch and wear some lolita? I wear mostly classic, so I guess it's not as loud as sweet, but I enjoy the contrast between my weekday/weekend work wear.

    Like you, I enjoy all the little things I do to get ready for a day out in lolita. I love the clothes, and it is very much a hobby of mine to find out all there is to know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I wear lolita I am mimicking some of my favorite works in art history :3

    The Italian Renaissance, the Baroque, the Rococo!

    Lolita is also great for experimenting with form and silhouette since it is so different from what I normally wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HSP, i agree with you about it being a hobby:) And I mostly wear my loli on the weekends as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wear Lolita because there's a part of me that is darkly whimsical and cutely evil, so Gothic Lolita is right up my alley and a perfect way for me to channel that side of myself without completely spooking people.

    I've always been into darker clothing and Gothic fashion, so this was just the natural next step I guess.

    ReplyDelete