Monday, October 25, 2010

The rules of lolita, and why I like them.

Excuse me for getting ranty, but I just have to share my opinion on lolita's rules:) I 100 percent encourage creativity, and origanlity with lolita, but lolita has rules for a reason. Without rules, it wouldnt be lolita, but just girls in fluffy dresses. Lolita is classified by the dress, the pettis, our socks and bows and bloomers. If we did away with the need for those things we wouldnt have a definite idea of what lolita is. No I dont think its okay to call someone ita just because they arent up to the standard of what you think is lolita. I do think the rules of loli are meant to be bent a bit, but keep it wholesome, and keep it lolita^^

11 comments:

  1. In general the rules are there because they help achieve the unique lolita appearance. It also avoids some of the pitfalls that might make an outfit look cheap or tacky (e.g. bad lace or too-too-short hems).

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)exactly, im just sort of getting ranty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apart from the fact that these rules are what gives lolita its distinct look, I think these "constraints" help bring out the creativity in people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't wear bloomers because I usually wear tights, and it's already an adventure trying to use the very very dirty ladies room at work without having 1 more thing to worry about ;D

    But yeah I generally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every fashion style has some rules, some more strict than others. If not for them, we could take any outfit and decide that it's the new lolita.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKYOU CRIMSON. thats the point i was trying to get across, but i kind of suck at getting points acrossXD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pretty much agree with the rules except bloomers. Some lolitas just don't want to wear them XD I do though~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi^^ I think rules are important, but bending them a little is not so bad if it still looks good. Originality is also important. (BTW hello it is my first time visiting your blog).

    ReplyDelete
  9. well helllllllllo first time blog buddy^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi^^ Nice to meet you:-) I would be happy if you could visit my blog as well^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with the rules but I have some skirts that look funny with a petticoat and that seem to floof out enough on their own without them, maybe it's my shape, I guess I'm still keeping to the bell shape though.

    ReplyDelete